Thursday, March 8, 2012

Endersession post # 5

Different internships offer different things but I"m not entirely concerned with the skills I come away with, more about learning things about a field I'm concerned with.

However if I did have to pick a few skills I'd like to improve on my graphic design skills, because I've been in the high tech system for going on 6 years now and Photoshop and illustrator design has been a big part and I've never gotten good at it. As for this one I'm not sure we'd do this, many places require graphic design for advertising so the possibilities are pretty wide.

I'd also like to get better with power tools, as far as making precise cuts. I suppose an internship in engineering class might work just fine depending on what the project was.

As far as my career, I'd like to improve my research skills. It will be a useful tool in college and medical school. Not necessarily for the purpose of researching something new, but for writing well-informed papers when the time comes. A good place might be Scripps Research Institute in La Jolla were I previously did an internship.

No comments:

Post a Comment